The GREEN RAPSODY consists of 8 undergraduate and 1 bachelor,with various major including environmental engineering, agronomy, food science and technology, landscape architecture,economic administration and architecture. Most of the team members are from Nanjing Agricultural University. Our team strives to continuously play the green rhapsody to the world, to the nature, to more people.
Every one of the team members holds unique profession skill and knowledge that can provide assistant throughout the programme. What's more, the team members have extraordinary imagination and creativity, seeking inspiration from cutting-edge technology. We have a keen perspective, seeking solutions from real-world problems. And integrate all new ideas into our work as perfectly as possible.
Being involved in this challenge not only serves as a great opportunity for all team members to stimulate thinking and develop multiple skills such as communication and team spirit, but also offer us a precious chance to put our own ideas into reality, which is really important. We commit to apply what we have learned to solve current imminent problems.
What we want to achieve
Our goal is to build an agro-food complex which serves not only asthe city's living room, but also as a prototype and enlightenment for the future solution of the deteriorating environment and decreasing ploughland problem. We reaffirm the importance of nature and the environment among humans.
What are the main starting points of our concept?
Our architecture is called "The Cube".
Rubik's Cube is made up of small parts of different colors. The Cube not only represents the mutual combination of different technology production modules, but also represents the integration of multiple industries. We integrate agricultural planting, food processing, consumer services, etc. into this cube, let them interact with each other, and form an industrial chain. By placing The Cube in the city, we can not only shorten the distance between the community and food production, but also explore an efficient and low-cost integrated urban food production model.
Firstly, we want to make our own contribution in the revolution of China’s primary industry, so we provide a model for the future plant food production system. In order to achieve it, we converge the primary industry with secondary and tertiary ones. We also integrate cutting-edge technology of different fields to meet the increasing demand of city dwellers.
Secondly, environment preservation has always been our focus. Therefore, we try hard to avoid unnecessary waste and cut down the emission of greenhouse gases.
The most profound idea is to correct people’s relationship with nature. Our ultimate cognition is that human should never be the master of the Earth. And city dwellers need to learn to live peacefully with nature.
What are the main functions of our building?
There are plant and modular food factory inside The Cube, so we can increase the capacity of food production system to an efficient and low-cost level. With the help of “the Centrum”, we can analysis restaurant and supermarket sales, climate, festivals and other factors through machine learning technology, and modify our output to meet public need. We have theme restaurants, experience area, indoor garden and flower hall in The Cube so that visitors can enjoy new-concept meal, interact with nature, learn related knowledge and experience cutting-edge technology, etc.
What are the unique selling points of our concept?
· “The Centrum”—an advanced technology that can significantly reduce waste and energy consumption in the production process as well as balance the demand and supply. (Computer technology and automation combine to achieve.)
· Three unique theme restaurants that provide different food industry models and diet concepts.
· The flower hall and indoor garden blur the boundary between environment and concrete building.
· The idea that people should give the surplus ploughland back to nature while applying new technology to increase productivity.
· Green Bank offers public incentive to continually conduct environment friendly actions. It also increases visitors' experience, gain and honor, making them more willing to conduct environmental protection.
· The circulation system is embedded in the building and basic farmland. It can distribute the waste to the some parts of The Cube and farmland in order to achieve recycling effectively. The rainwater garden subtly integrates rain collection systems and water purification systems into natural landscapes.
· Some of the food, agriculture, environmental protection activities and lectures in the experience area popularized more cutting-edge knowledge for visitors, and also changed people's stereotypes about agriculture, and strengthened the connection and cooperation between community residents.